Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | No love in the FTOPS » | Almost to the final table! » | Closer to the final table » | oh to win again » | Fun Fun » | Up and Down Day » | Snuck into the money again » | Getting closer » | 90 man Double Stack Sit and Go » | My first 180 person SNG » 

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 

SNG challenge

Chipper did a SNG challenge and I was getting frustrated playing NL cash games so I thought to myself "ok it's my turn".

I have played 29 so far and boy has it been streaky for me.

All 29 have been $15+$1 turbos on Pokerstars

The numbers:
ROI: 36.7%
ITM: 41% (12/29)

Streaky:
4,8,4,2,6,2,9,5,2,4,3,2,1,7,1,1,5,9,7,5,4,8,4,5,2,1,4,1,1

Yes that is a crappy 8 in a row without a cash followed by 3 wins in 5
ROI and ITM are pretty good so far. Still a ways to go to see if I'll be a long term winner but generally a good player at this level can make 20-25% ROI.

1st: 6
2nd: 5
3rd: 1
4th: 6
5th: 4
6th: 1
7th: 2
8th: 2
9th: 2

This is pretty much what I was hoping for as a distribution. The style is to keep a decent sized stack and push for 1st place. This means bubbling a lot, but winning more than sneaking into the money. 2 of my 2nds were caused by horrible bad beats but that's poker and in the long run that will happen. Hopefully the next 29 go just as well if not better :)

Actually, 41% ITM is good. You can expect to see streaks where you fail to get into the money.

Now I've only done 12 of my 25 SNGs so far and the longest out of the money streak I've seen so far is 3 in a row. I'm at ~50% ITM so far and with a 27% ROI. You ROI wise you're ahead of the game even with that long streak. Sounds fairly typical.

Only problem I see with doing Turbo SNGs is that you don't have the luxury of being able to wait that long to make a move or get a good hand. You'll have to take a lot more chances more often than if you were doing regular SNGs. Try some non-turbo SNGs and you probably won't have as long of a streak.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates