Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | My first 180 person SNG » | Multitable fun » | Pokerstars Rebuy Tourney » | 6 max is not nice to me » | Back with a vengeance » | ECD Update » | Oh Poker, How I Miss Thee » | Chiptalk Challenge » | Chiptalk Quarterly Tournament of Champions » | Tournament Reports » 

Saturday, January 06, 2007 

90 man Double Stack Sit and Go

After the nice start to the new year, I went 3 multi table tourneys in a row without a cash.



On a whim, I decided just to check out what was happening on Full Tilt. I only had $4 left on the site after getting creamed there lately.



I saw a $22, 90 man double stack (start with 3k chips instead of 1500) SNG filling up with a pro in it, Lee Watkinson. I decided what the hell and quickly deposited and jumped in just in time.



I played pretty well and disaster almost struck. My wireless network decided to wreak havok on my laptop and I couldn't get back on. My wife installed Full Tilt on her machine just so I could keep playing. Blinds were 400/800 and there were only 12 of us less, 9 make the money. I had 12k chips and we had 6 at the table so blinds were coming around fast. I finally got on her computer with a little over 10k.



I had ATs on the button and raised to 2k. SB was an aggressive player and reraised to 6k (he only had 8500). I thought about it for a while but my gut told me he was just making a play. I reraised all in and He called with K4s and my hand held up :)



We finally got into the money on the final table. 8 of us left and then the hand of fate happened as usual. I always seem to get busted this way.



blinds 600/1200.

Folds around to SB who raises to 6k (he has me covered with 26k, I have 20k).



I have AK in BB and push. He thinks about it a long while and calls with 44 and his hand holds up and I'm done in 8th for $54 :(



I WILL WIN ONE OF THESE ONE DAY DAMMIT


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates