Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Fun Fun » | Up and Down Day » | Snuck into the money again » | Getting closer » | 90 man Double Stack Sit and Go » | My first 180 person SNG » | Multitable fun » | Pokerstars Rebuy Tourney » | 6 max is not nice to me » | Back with a vengeance » 

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 

oh to win again

Last weekend I was playing really well and was +918 over two days playing 1/2 NL

I have since lost that all back :(

On a good note, I'm now Goldstar status on Pokerstars but I would much rather be up again.

I have cashed in a couple of tourneys but I haven't won over $100 in a tournament in a while. I will keep playing the $11 rebuy at 10pm and hopefully one of these days I'll make it deep in the money.

I finally had a better than average finish again in the Chiptalk thursday night tournament but I bubbled, finishing 10th. Pushed KQ and ran into KK :(

A few of the guys on PSO had a .5/1 NL session on Full Tilt that I joined in on so we could discuss strategy. I unfortunately haven't had a chance to look over the hand histories. I saw some of the stats and I was the second tightest of the bunch. I do play a little looser than that but I was multitasking and folding some hands I may normally play if I were paying more attention.

I'm still up a few hundred for the month thanks to bonuses but hopefully the wins start coming again soon.

Grats on your GoldStar status. But I know what you mean. All that grinding and to be down makes the accomplishment feel a bit diminished. Good thing that poker is a life long game though. Last hand just before you die will be the real tale of the tape eh?

Sounds like me on the crypto tables. Was crushing the cash games until some major downswings. Ended up in the red, break even with bonus, in the black with rakeback. Very frustrating.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates