Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Almost to the final table! » | Closer to the final table » | oh to win again » | Fun Fun » | Up and Down Day » | Snuck into the money again » | Getting closer » | 90 man Double Stack Sit and Go » | My first 180 person SNG » | Multitable fun » 

Saturday, February 10, 2007 

No love in the FTOPS

On a whim I decided to jump in a $26 satellite for Event #1 in the Full Tilt Online Poker Series and managed to win a seat into the $216 event.

The satellite was beautiful as people just decided to give me their chips in the beginning. I doubled up the second hand and then a few hands later took someone else's stack too. I was chip leader for a while and in the top 10 most of the way. got shortstacked with around 20 left but doubled up at key times and managed to finish in the top 8 for a seat :)

The tournament itself started out well and got my starting stack of 3000 quickly up to 3900. And then everything went to hell. Two orbits in a row I raise from the cutoff and the button calls. First time I have 88. I forget how it exactly went down but it was like a KJT63 board by the end and I folded to a river bet. Next orbit I raise with KJ and button calls again. Flop J85. Turns out button has set of 5s and my stack is now down to about 2400.

Hover around there a while as blinds go up to 50/100. I get JJ UTG+1. CO and BB call. Flop QT9. BB checks, I decide I'm making a stand bet the pot, CO raises, BB folds, I call the rest of my stack off. CO shows AQ and it holds up. I really don't know how to play that one. Ranges of the other players are large and if I play it weak I won't know where I stand or get bullied. Do I just push in and hope AQ folds? Don't think he's going to fold since he had twice my stack. Oh well I finished around 1200 out of almost 1900 players so there was a ways to go.

I'll do better next time. I haven't played the $11 rebuy in a couple nights but Wednesday night I did finish like 99th and cashed for $106.

I also finished off the Chiptalk Quarter strongly with a 5th place finish as well as our challenge team had 5 players at the final table and we won the 3 team challenge :)

Hopefully I'll play the $11 rebuy tomorrow. I probably won't try any of the other FTOPS tourneys.


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates