Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | oh to win again » | Fun Fun » | Up and Down Day » | Snuck into the money again » | Getting closer » | 90 man Double Stack Sit and Go » | My first 180 person SNG » | Multitable fun » | Pokerstars Rebuy Tourney » | 6 max is not nice to me » 

Saturday, February 03, 2007 

Closer to the final table

PokerStars Tournament #41630066, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
1708 players
Total Prize Pool: $71340.00
Tournament started - 2007/02/02 - 22:00:00 (ET)

Dear scottwire,

You finished the tournament in 55th place.
A $164.09 award has been credited to your Real Money account.


I did 1 rebuy and the add-on so I was about +133. Made about $30 on the cash tables too so not a bad day.

I felt really good today and thought I played really well. Made the good plays when I needed to, some timely resteals and won the races I needed to.

Thought I was done around 170 when I was in the BB with AJ. I had about 29k at 2k/4k and smaller stack with about 20k pushed all in. I called, he showed AT and hit the T on the river.

SB I get junk and fold to a raise up front so I have about 8500 chips and luckily on the button I get AKs against 2 hands which turn out to be 99 and 77 and boom a K hits the flop. Back in business with about 33k.

Built my stack up to about 140k at 4k/8k, went card dead a while and finally got QQ in the SB at 6k/12k. Huge stack with 500k kept raising to 30k, he raised with any ace and had a decent sized range. I push all in to 98k and he calls with A9. Of course the ace hits and I'm done in 55th.

My deepest finish yet in the $11 rebuy. Its nice but I really felt like I could have made it to the final table. STUPID ACE. I'll just have to get there tomorrow night!

NJ! Almost there. I heard the $10rebuy on Absolute is soft as well. Weekday 8 or 9pm ish.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates