Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Chiptalk 2nd Quarter Tournament of Champions » | Sun Poker and Chiptalk tourney » | July Report » | The roller coaster continues » | Up and down and all around » | My WSOP memento » | ECD experience » | Befuddled » | Vegas Trip Report » | WSOP Report - Event 17 - $1000 NL Holdem » 

Monday, August 14, 2006 

Poker in general and my new site BonusRoundup.com!

First the new site -

BonusRoundup.com

I came up with this idea last year but never had the time to get it all together.

The site is 98% done and features listings of all the big affiliate sites so you can compare their bonuses. Check it out and let me know what you think and how I can make it better!

Now to poker-

I decided to play in the 7 card stud tournament with the chiptalk.net people. Monday nights they just get a little side game that usually fills up one table and the game changes each week. I made it to the last hand before break when my 2 pair got smacked by a flush on the river and I was out in 8th out of 8 players.

I realized how bad a stud player I am. Either that or I was just really card dead. I need to brush up on games other than hold'em. It is also strange how out of place I feel on a 7 stud table because I feel very comfortable on a 7 stud hi/lo table and pretty comfortable on a razz table.

I may pick up some books on stud and omaha. I have Super System 2 and Play Poker Like the pros but I think I really need in depth books for them.

I mostly played 2/4 on Sun Poker over the weekend and was about even overall. I have about 680/1000 points needed for my PSO promo. I've almost worked off the $150 deposit bonuses and will deposit again for the August $100 bonus after that. I'm still down without the bonuses but they should keep me in positive territory once I clear them.

That's about it for now. Check out the new web site! I hope you all find it a nice resource.

Hey Scott, I checked out your new web site - nice job. Question for you regarding Sun Poker. If you had to choose from either Boogster, PSO, or e-deals as a bonus promoter - which one would you choose? I'm considering Sun, Mansion or UB and possibly doing a rakeback program. Any comments on these sites?

Thanks Chipper.

Sun Poker - This needs to be cleared at 2/4 limit or .5/1 NL or higher if you want to clear it in any reasonable time. The nice deposit bonus ($150) on top of it is nice as well. I started end of July and now I'm 3/4 done with the PSO promo and I just cleared the bonus. Now I will do the August reload as I finish up the promo. The 2/4 tables are pretty tight but there are some bad players here and there.

UB - Also slow clearance compared to some other promotions but I think 1/2 limit is fine for clearance. Definitely faster to clear than Sun Poker.

Mansion - I haven't played there yet. From what I hear there is sparce traffic except for the tournaments.

Rakeback - Sun and UB both offer rakeback on top of their bonuses (UB pays 75% of rakeback while clearing a bonus). In my experience, UB has better games and I have rakeback there myself. Sun's games aren't the best but the bonus + rakeback are very nice if you play 2/4 or higher. Without I would suggest playing at WSEX over either of these while you don't have a bonus. Either that or a site that you know to have a lot of bad players.

As far as where to do the deals through, PSO still looks to be best for Sun and UB. They boosted Sun up to $90 bonus without me noticing. I will change that on BonusRoundup right now.

PSO and Boogster are definitely the best of the 3 at the moment. ECD used to be top notch and are still reliable, but they are really lagging on getting gifts out. I am waiting on an amazon gift certificate through them right now for almost a month.

Good luck. Let me know what you go with!

Great response Scott. I'm not yet playing at the 2/4 level as my bankroll to deposit is probably not high enough to survive potential swings. I'm more of the .5/1 or 1/2 player at the moment. I take it that clearing at that level (exception for multitabling) would probably take a long time. I'm not in a rush so several weeks of play is fine by me. Just want to clear bonus and build a roll.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates