Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | July Report » | The roller coaster continues » | Up and down and all around » | My WSOP memento » | ECD experience » | Befuddled » | Vegas Trip Report » | WSOP Report - Event 17 - $1000 NL Holdem » | Warm Up » | June Report » 

Monday, August 07, 2006 

Sun Poker and Chiptalk tourney

I started the Sun Poker promo for the Nevada Jacks chips over at PSO. So far things have not gone well and I'm down about $75 on the deal. I have $150 in bonuses to work off though. My No Limit play is just getting me killed. On my first table I got all in with KK on the turn and he rivers 2 pair (UPDATED CAUSE MY MEMORY SUCKS)

Game #3123141524: Hold'em NL ($0.25/$0.50) - 2006/08/04 - 20:55:45 (ET)
Table "Bialystok" Seat 1 is the button.
Seat 1: Digger62 ($39.50 in chips)
Seat 2: mookie99 ($32.55 in chips)
Seat 3: cmarston sits out
Seat 4: scottwire ($49.25 in chips)
Seat 5: Duxer ($65.57 in chips)
Seat 6: ticsmon ($75.63 in chips)
Seat 7: basse.dk ($30.35 in chips)
Seat 8: luntunone ($13.92 in chips)
Seat 9: SigEp200 ($20.55 in chips)
Seat 10: TehNutz ($28.30 in chips)
mookie99: posts small blind $0.25
scottwire: posts big blind $0.50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to scottwire [Kd Kh]
Duxer: calls $0.50
ticsmon: calls $0.50
basse.dk: calls $0.50
luntunone: calls $0.50
SigEp200: calls $0.50
TehNutz: folds
Digger62: folds
mookie99: calls $0.25
scottwire: raises to $4
Duxer: folds
ticsmon: calls $3.50
basse.dk: folds
luntunone: folds
SigEp200: folds
mookie99: folds
----- FLOP ----- [3h Ts 8c]
scottwire: bets $7
ticsmon: calls $7
----- TURN ----- [3h Ts 8c][Jh]
scottwire: bets $20
ticsmon: raises to $64.63 and is all-in
scottwire: is all-in $18.25
Returned uncalled bets $26.38 to ticsmon
----- RIVER ----- [3h Ts 8c Jh][Qs]
DPChrist joins the table at seat #2
----- SHOW DOWN -----
ticsmon: shows [Qd Tc] (Two Pairs, Queens and Tens, Jack high)
scottwire: shows [Kd Kh] (A Pair of Kings, Queen high)
ticsmon collects $98 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot $101 Main pot $98 Rake $3
Board [3h Ts 8c Jh Qs]
Seat 1: Digger62 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: scottwire (big blind) showed [Kd Kh] and lost
Seat 5: Duxer folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ticsmon showed [Qd Tc] and won ($98) with Two Pairs, Queens and Tens, Jack high
Seat 7: basse.dk folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: luntunone folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: SigEp200 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 10: TehNutz folded before Flop (didn't bet)
****HAND ENDS****

I'm doing a little better on the limit tables. 2/4 is tight as hell but its a lot faster gaining points of which I need 1000 of to clear my promotion.

Thursday night was the Chiptalk.net tournament. I built a big stack in the middle of the tournament and had a huge chip lead until the final table. I got heads up with the guy who runs chiptalk and we battled hard back and forth. It looked like I was about to win when we got all in on the flop and I outdrew him on the turn only to see him redraw on the river. I then managed to get sucked out on and my final hand I had JJ against his A8 and he ended up hitting the ace and two pair on the river. So a 2nd place finish for $100 and the chiptalk 2nd quarter points victory :) I wanted the win though...sigh.

That's it for now. No more flop be with you...I need to think of something else...

I'll have to get back into the ChipTalk tourneys. When does the next quarter start? I should start posting again over there. Been away too long. I see that Jojo and Yeltzen are still pushing folks around.

Must be something wrong with that hand history. A T on the river would give you a straight.

Curatio you are correct. I tried to write the post quickly and failed :( I'll update the hand.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates