Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Good Start » | October Report » | VEGAS TRIP REPORT » | Vegas Baby Vegas » | BACK IN BLACK » | Alrighty Then » | Almost back in black » | Success » | The onslaught continues » | The story of my last 3 weeks: » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

It's that time of year

Every fall around this time I end up getting a cold. It never fails. As soon as the temperature starts these violent swing from 70 to 40 back to 70, I end up catching something. My nose and throat don't like me but the rest of me isn't to bad at least. I can still function :)

So I haven't played much the last couple of days. Wednesday I only played briefly and lost $20 on Bet365. I then played in the $20,000 freeroll at 7pm on PartyPoker. Their tournament was having many issues and kept pausing. There were 853 of us left out of 3500 and then they cancelled the tournament!!! I was hoping they would divide up the prize pool but they still haven't. I emailed Party's support and they said they have escalated my request to whoever is in charge of that. Guess we'll see.

If you don't know, PartyPoker is having a 3 billionth hand thing and every 5 million hands until it gets there, the table that plays that hand gets extra money. I think hand number 2,975,000,000 shared $18,000 at the low limits. The money goes up depending on what stakes you are playing at. So I sat down about a half hour before it was going to hit at 2 1/2 6max tables. I managed to make about $25 while I was there and I missed the money hand by about 250 hands. After the money hand hits they then announce a $20000 freeroll for first 2000 registrants. So I hopped on that and finished 500 something. Nice pot building I had KQ on the button with 4 limpers and I called. Flop QT4 or something. One guy min bet, another guy called and I pushed all in. The flop caller called with AQ and I was done.

9:30 came the chiptalk.net tournament. I unfortunately don't remember many hands from last night. A lot of my chips were accumulated by stealing blinds. I played really tight most of the night so a few times I was able to get away with true steals with junk :) So a few hours later I made it into the money and managed to finish in 4th place and $52 :)

You're right - it is the season for being sick. I was sick about a week or so ago. Now my wife is feeling sick. Not fun. Won't be long until my kids get it too I bet.

Grats on your money finish in the ChipTalk tourney. Wish I could have been there but I was at my son's band concert. Family calls.

Get better soon. - chipper

Congrats Scott for winning the Tournament!!!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates