Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | The story of my last 3 weeks: » | Horrible » | Let's try something different » | Falling in the Fall » | September in Review » | Happy Birthday to Me » | Don't give up » | The weekend » | Back in the ring » | Back from the happiest place on Earth » 

Thursday, October 13, 2005 

The onslaught continues

This month's chart so far:



Absolutely horrible. Putrid. Ridiculous. Now I know I've made some mistakes but I keep losing huge pots that I should win the majority of the time. Today's latest 2/4 hand was with TT. flop T65. turn 9, river 7, guy flips over 88 for the straight. I have never seen so many runner runner losses. I have been picking good tables with loose passive players that just keep hitting on me. Flops keep missing me. My game is broken :( Hopefully I'll get out of this funk before I go to Vegas in a couple weeks.

I played a couple of $6 sit and goes on Pokerstars and finished 3rd and 1st for $10.80 and $27 so that helps a little. Oh well...back to the drawing board. May the flop be with you!

I saw your chart and my chart is starting to look the same. Last two days for me have been brutal. I'm playing just SnGs this month but I'm on a big 0-fer streak that's getting me down.

Only nice thing about streaks is that eventually they end and you get back into it.

The thing that's been hard for me is to build a big pot on the one's that I win and lose only the small ones. Seems just the opposite. I win the small pots but lose those big pots that start out good.

Poker Stars has rewarded players on draws lately. There is where the big pots come. No wonder why more and more people are staying to the river before giving up on a hand. They seem to be rewarded big time for their non-EV play.

Ah well, in the long run we will get it back. (or so we are taught to believe).

Let's drown our sorrows over a virtual beer and then slap ourselves good and get back to winning!

I gotta tel ya - THAT is one sucky looking chart! Best advice is to relax. Play at a lower limit or a different game until the bad ju ju wears off. In me -225 BB slump I took a week off. This let me relax, think about things, reboot the poker side of my brain and when I came back I was more . . . . .balanced, less HAVE TO WIN THIS TIME!!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates