Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Alrighty Then » | Almost back in black » | Success » | The onslaught continues » | The story of my last 3 weeks: » | Horrible » | Let's try something different » | Falling in the Fall » | September in Review » | Happy Birthday to Me » 

Friday, October 21, 2005 

BACK IN BLACK

October: +37.31 (YES!!!!!!)

Last night was the Chiptalk.net tourney. There were 39 entrants which was about the average although the tourney had gotten near 50 a couple times. I haven't cashed in almost 2 months now and I was concentrating my best to do so. I started off well and caught trip 7s on my third hand but that only got me a couple hundred chips. After that things went up and down around my starting mark for a while. I then got dealt TT with about 1000 chips left and 25/50 blinds. Early position guy raised. I thought for a second and just called. 2 others called. flop came 972 (does this hand look familiar). Checked to me and I pushed...everyone folded. So I was back up around 1600 chips.

Blinds crept up and I made a few steals to keep above water. Blinds went up to 100/200 and I had 1300 chips left so I pushed with KJo in the CO. Big blind called with AA. Flop comes T42. I say "bad timing on that push sigh" then lo and behold...Turn J...river K and I double up and the guy with AA only has 300 chips left.

So now I have 2600 chips or so and a half decent stack. I mostly make blind steals here and there and get to the final table. I am in 5th of 9 when I get there but most are around the same chip amount. And one by one they fall. With 6 left I was the low stack. I luckily bought blinds to take my position back and the low stack went all in and got knocked out putting me in 5th as the blinds were about to gobble me up. So the very next hand I pushed with K8o and got called by AQo and no help for me. So I finished 5th for $31.20. I wanted first but I'll take the cash :)

I have been playing a bit on Golden Palace Poker the last few days to clear a bonus. Started out horribly at first but came back and am now $40 up. Mostly at 1/2 6max with some regular 1/2 thrown in. :)

That's about it for now...2 days til Vegas! May the flop be with you!

Grats on you money finish in the weekly Chiptalk tourney. At least you found a finish in the money this quarter. I haven't had a money finish all quarter. I guess the caliber of play has gotten a lot better this Qtr.

I sadly got dumped in 19th place after being as high as 3rd place for a while. Ah well, always next time.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates