Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Horrible » | Let's try something different » | Falling in the Fall » | September in Review » | Happy Birthday to Me » | Don't give up » | The weekend » | Back in the ring » | Back from the happiest place on Earth » | Vacation... » 

Monday, October 10, 2005 

The story of my last 3 weeks:

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx



Preflop: Hero is UTG with Ad, Ah.

Hero raises, 3 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.



Flop: (10 SB) As, 2c, 7s (5 players)

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.



Turn: (7 BB) 9h (4 players)

BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO calls, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP3 calls, CO calls.



River: (16 BB) 7d (3 players)

Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, Hero calls.



Final Pot: 24 BB



Results:

Hero has Ad Ah (full house, aces full of sevens).

MP3 has 7c 7h (four of a kind, sevens).

Outcome: MP3 wins 24 BB.

Ouch - what can ya do. You played it about as well as you could. The guy happened to get trips on the flop like you and you couldn't shake him.

I'm surprised that so many called pre-flop raise but once 1 person calls, all it takes is for another to call and then the pot is sweet for all.

Even if this would have been NoLimit, it probably would have ended the same way. A pocket pair is all the reason for anyone to call a big pre-flop raise. Not much you could do. That's just one example of how pocket ace's lose about 12%-15% of the time.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates