Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | The onslaught continues » | The story of my last 3 weeks: » | Horrible » | Let's try something different » | Falling in the Fall » | September in Review » | Happy Birthday to Me » | Don't give up » | The weekend » | Back in the ring » 

Saturday, October 15, 2005 

Success

After an abysmal month of playing, I made significant headway toward positive territory. I finally won money on 2/4 and was +30 on Thursday and +60 on Friday. With bonuses I'm still down about $200 for the month, but this is a step in the right direction. I have a few bonuses I'm clearing so hopefully they will all get my bankroll back where it was and finish October in the black.

Took a break last night and watched the movie Sahara. It stars Matthew McConaughey, Steve Zahn and Penelope Cruz. Pretty good movie. Its an action/adventure movie kind of like an Indiana Jones treasure hunter based on a novel my wife read at some point so she wanted to rent it. It gets a little unbelievable at times but that's what movies are for and 'suspension of disbelief' is the key to enjoying most movies these days. It definitely kept me interested the whole time even though I was really tired and ready to conk out on the couch beforehand. Good humor in it too. Hopefully they will make movies out of the other Dirk Pitt novels by Clive Cussler. I'll give it 7.8/10

That's all for now. May the flop be with you!

Grats on the start of your turnaround. It's been a tough month here as well. I finally broke my 0-fer streak last night. Hopefully I'll get back to some good poker soon.

Congrats!!! - I have Sahara from Netflix sitting around fora month now! Read the book.

Finally win at 2/4 - 2/4 is easy - I wish I could win at 1/2 LOL

Go to Settings/Comments/ Show word verification for comments? YES

That will get rid of the Spam!!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates