Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Finally feeling a little better but I'm still stuf... » | It's that time of year » | Good Start » | October Report » | VEGAS TRIP REPORT » | Vegas Baby Vegas » | BACK IN BLACK » | Alrighty Then » | Almost back in black » | Success » 

Sunday, November 06, 2005 

2/4 6max goodness

I took my first venture into 2/4 6max on Pokerstars on Saturday night. I only played 1 table and what a good table it was. It was a very passive table and I was getting a lot of friendly flops which I either hit or weren't good for my opponents either. So after an hour or so of playing I left the table +131 :)

I ordered another poker book which I received yesterday called Weighing the Odds by King Yao. I've heard mixed reviews about it so I am only expecting some supplementary knowledge to the books I've already read. I've heard it has some good statistical analysis which is what I'm looking for. I need to finish a couple of other books first though.

So my "still need to finish list":
Little Green Book by Phil Gordon - 50% finished
Tao of Poker by Larry Phillips - 33% finished
Harrington on Holdem Vol 2 - 66% finished
Weighing the Odds by King Yao - haven't started
Super system 2 by Doyle Brunson - 90% finished

Maybe this is why my NL game isn't as good as it could be :)

Oh before I finish.... TERRELL OWENS YOU PIECE OF POO STFU....MY FANTASY TEAM NEEDS YOU. Thank you drive thru...and may the flop be with you!

I just purchsed that book sunday - still flipping randomly through it's something new and I have no books by a guy nemed King yet.

I have the same fate as having T.O. on my FFL team as well. Every year I pick up that guy and every year he has to go and do something stupid. DOH!

You read poker books like I do. I have a bookmark in almost every book I've purchased. I've finished nearly all of them but there's always a section that I skip over and tell myself I'll get back to it.

I think HOH2 is my next purchase. I liked HOH1 and feel my end-game needs a little work.

If they added a bonus at the end of a poker book, maybe I'd actually finish one!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates