Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Falling in the Fall » | September in Review » | Happy Birthday to Me » | Don't give up » | The weekend » | Back in the ring » | Back from the happiest place on Earth » | Vacation... » | Maniacs are owning me » | The Good, the Bad and the Ugly » 

Thursday, October 06, 2005 

Let's try something different

I'm going to try playing mostly 2/4 this month and see how it goes. I made +$20 or so after about 300 hands. I will probably play most of it at Pacific and PartyPoker and hope I can do well. If I start losing a lot I'll step back down to 1/2.

My biggest problem seems to come when I'm heads up with someone with a decent hand and not folding to turn check raises. I always seem to get in my head that I'm getting bluffed while almost every time I call down, I'm screwed. So I'm going to have to work on that a bit.

Short write up today. Haven't played a whole lot the last couple of days. The chiptalk.net tourney is tonight on PokerStars. Come join the fun and may the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates