Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Quick Update » | The Challenge » | Try Try Again » | Dream Poker » | 20k » | Going Nowhere Fast » | The week that was » | Sit and Go weekend » | Pokerstars Blogger Freeroll » | May report » 

Thursday, June 29, 2006 

Poker podcasts

I listen to a few poker podcasts and thought I'd share them with you. There aren't many good ones out there and even some of the ones I listen to aren't extremely exciting. However, I do like to have something to fall asleep to sometimes :) If you don't know what a podcast is, it is basically just an mp3 file you can listen to on your computer, Ipod, PSP (like me) or other portable media device.


  1. Rounders - This is by far the best poker podcast around. It is actually an hour long radio show out of Vancouver and they've most of the big poker pros on their show. Their entire show archive is on their site.

    The show is Sunday nights and the podcast is usually put up on the website on Monday or Tuesday.

  2. Full Tilt Poker Learn from the Pros - There are only 10 episodes so far but these are usually 8 to 10 minute Q&A shows discussing a specific topic with one pro. Ferguson, Lederer, Bloch and others have done shows on bankroll, SNGs, Heads up, tilt and more. Usually they have about one a month.

  3. Poker Diagram - This is a show by two gentlemen from England named Henry and Zog who play in tournaments and commentate hand by hand as they are playing. They aren't pros by any means but it can be fun listening in on thought processes as they go through the tournaments. Some topic discussion sometimes as well. Usually about an hour or two.

  4. Poker Edge with Phil Gordon - This is by ESPN and is an hour long show which I just found a couple of weeks ago. So far I'm really impressed and they've had a lot of good content. Recent guests have included Chris Ferguson, Annie Duke and Clonie Gowen.



Those are the ones I listen to. Most of the others I've tried either aren't updated anymore or just annoy me for some reason. Maybe I'll start my own!

Thanks for the links, I can now waste even more time at work.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates