Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Sit and Go weekend » | Pokerstars Blogger Freeroll » | May report » | BOOYAH » | Crappy weekend » | Bubble boy » | Chip and a chair » | Motivators » | In The Money » | Tournament Pocket Overpair in multiway pot » 

Saturday, June 10, 2006 

The week that was

Tuesday and Wednesday I played for another $1500 WSOP seat but it was not to be. I'll try again Sunday night at Full Tilt.

My bankroll has gone up slightly the last few days but nothing exciting other than big hands getting killed by variance.

This is a fun hand from yesterday:

Me -UTG limps for 50 cents with AA
UTG+1 min raises to $1
MP2 calls
MP3 raises to $2
CO calls
Button calls
SB folds
BB calls
I reraise to $15

everyone folds except Button who is my favorite player ever (I've probably taken a few hundred off this guy this year)

He calls all in his last $11.64 with 22

Pot is $33.78

Flop A J 8 (BEAUTIFUL)

Turn 2

can you feel it...

can you...

River 2

Ahh runner runner quads...

Luckily I was up a good bit and he was short stacked so it doesn't sting and no tilt factor.

----------------------------
Another one from yesterday:

I noticed this guy just bet and raised everything.

UTG raises to $1.75
I reraise in Middle position with the black aces to $5
He calls

Flop 854 all spades.
He bets, I raise, he pushes all in, I call.

He has 86 off suit, no spade.

Turn 7 giving him the straight of course.

River is no help. :(
--------------------------------

I still made about $20 yesterday but it could have been much nicer. Oh well.

I received No Limit Hold'em Theory and Practice as well as Harrington on Hold'em 3 the other day. I'm reading the No Limit theory book first. So far I'm about 60 pages in and a lot of the concepts I already apply which is a good thing. Most people will hate it, but I love all the math for calculating expectation. While I have learned some things, I'm still waiting for some golden nugget in there to make a lightbulb go off in my head. Its a well written book so far though.

I also received the PSP game I ordered with my Party Poker Points. Burnout Legends is a really cool racing game. I like having to crash opponent's cars :)

That's about it for now. May the flop be with you!

scottwire, pls do a review on HOH 3
if you get a chance

cheers,
MM

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates