Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | BOOYAH » | Crappy weekend » | Bubble boy » | Chip and a chair » | Motivators » | In The Money » | Tournament Pocket Overpair in multiway pot » | Sabina Gadecki » | Thank you PSO » | Tournaments » 

Friday, June 02, 2006 

May report

Thanks guys for the support. Now it's all your turns!

I was at BodogAri's table for the first hour and got to sit on his left. He was pretty quiet most of the time until he doubled up with a flush. About 15 minutes later I got moved to another table sandwiched between two big stacks. Luckily for me, the the big stack on my left donked away most of his chips so I could be a little more liberal with my raises.

The nice thing about these tourneys is that you start with a huge stack and the blinds are very gradual, much like full tilt. The only problem is that it makes the tournaments last forever. We were 4 handed for almost an hour I think. Only a handful of people were out after the first hour.

I am thinking of playing in the July 25th NL event so that I can stay the week and go to the PSO party. I'm hoping to still win a main event seat or another $1500 seat. I really need to win something that includes extra cash though to make it worth it with all the other costs of travel that go with it.

Once we get near the date, I'll let you all know my full name and you can follow along (I hope that didn't just jinx me into losing early day 1).

--------------

After my crappy weekend and then the satellite victory, the momentum continued yesterday morning. I played on Pokershare and PokerFantasy and make a couple hundred to start the month of June off right.

On Pokershare, I saw a $200 NL table that was nice and juicy and decided I'd jump in. Of course, one of my first hands I got killed by the guy I noticed was a maniac. AK with a flop of T55. I had just seen him min bet the flop with gutshot and he did it again this time, so I raised. He reraised and I decided to call. Turn is a blank and he min bets again. I call. River is my K. He bets $43. Ugh. I got toyed with but I hit my K and couldn't lay it down against him, he showed the 5.

Luckily for me I caught a set of tens against a guy with a draw and he doubled me up. So I ended up winning $40 on that table and I made another $150 on 50NL and 100NL tables on fantasy.

-------------------------------------------------

May Totals:
Profit: $608.13
Bonuses: $515.78
----------------
Total: $1123.91

I was almost at my monthly $1500 goal when the last weekend of the month pummelled me. I can't wait for the NL Theory book by Sklansky. I'm really hoping it helps me in situations that I'm still unsure on.

I've had Tao of Poker for a while but I never finished it, so I'm trying to get through it. It's pretty much a bunch of helpful tips to help situational awareness in all aspects of play. I'm halfway through and I'll try to put up a review soon. I still have Weighing the Odds by King Yao that I've never read. I'll probably wait until after NL Theory and Harrington on Hold'em 3. I've ordered both from Amazon but who knows when they'll ship.


-----------------

Tonight I'm hosting a $15 NL tourney. We're only going to have 6 or 7 people though. We usually get these together every 3 months or so and it still ends up being tough finding a day where we can get 10 people. We did it once, hopefully next time we can do it again.

That's about it for now. May the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates