Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Pokerstars Blogger Freeroll » | May report » | BOOYAH » | Crappy weekend » | Bubble boy » | Chip and a chair » | Motivators » | In The Money » | Tournament Pocket Overpair in multiway pot » | Sabina Gadecki » 

Monday, June 05, 2006 

Sit and Go weekend

Friday night we hosted a 7 player tournament. 3 get in the money.

My friend brought his father in law who dominated the game from the get go. It took a few hands to realize that he was an extremely loose aggressive player. By the time I could mark him, he had already built a big stack and he never looked back. I was second in chips most of the way.

With 3 of us left, blinds are 10/20. My friend's father in law, my wife and I are left. I pick up KQ in the small blind and raise to 50. My wife folds and he calls. Flop is K84 or something like that. I bet 75, he calls. Turn is a 2. I bet 75 he calls. River is a 9. I bet 75, he calls. He flips over 42 for 2 pair :(

There went half my stack. I had 275 chips left with 25/50 blinds. I picked up A6o on the button and pushed. He calls with Q8s and hits the Q. The end. I finished third and my wife finished 2nd.

------------------
My cash games this weekend was full of variance but somehow I ended up a tiny bit.

I played a bunch of qualifiers. I played 4 $4.40 Sit and goes on Full Tilt and won 2 of them for two qualifier tokens into $24+2 tourneys.

I also won another qualifier to the Wednesday tourney I won my $1500 seat in last week on PokerShare.

I'm hoping to win something with money added. The Pokershare one if I win again I can take the $1500 as cash instead of the seat which would help expenses a lot.

As it is, I'm thinking of doing what Riverrun did and take $500 cash and play in the $1000 tournament on the 10th or 11th (sorry I forget which day it is). I'm going to start playing more main event qualifiers as well.

That's about it for now. May the flop with you!

july 10th...it makes the most sense, that way you have travel expenses paid.

Hope to see you on my left!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates