Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | The week that was » | Sit and Go weekend » | Pokerstars Blogger Freeroll » | May report » | BOOYAH » | Crappy weekend » | Bubble boy » | Chip and a chair » | Motivators » | In The Money » 

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 

Going Nowhere Fast

For the past week or so I've been pretty much breaking even. I'm hoping to break the next rung in my bankroll soon though. The cash games have been paying for the plethora of satellites I've been playing trying to win more WSOP tourneys. No luck as of yet but I have another tonight on PokerShare. Only 1 seat this time though. Wish me luck.

I'm about halfway through No Limit Theory and Practice. While there is some good info here and there, I am so far not thrilled. A lot of the information is haphazard. For instance, I've just gone through a lot of preflop content. They tell you to make a big raise from the big blind with nothing once in a while with weak hands as a bluff just to pick up the pot. They unfortunately don't tell you if its worth betting the flop if you miss or anything.

Hopefully the book as a whole all comes together but skimming through I'm not sure it will.

Next up will be Harrington On Hold'em 3 which I will hopefully start by the weekend.


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates