Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Try Try Again » | Dream Poker » | 20k » | Going Nowhere Fast » | The week that was » | Sit and Go weekend » | Pokerstars Blogger Freeroll » | May report » | BOOYAH » | Crappy weekend » 

Saturday, June 24, 2006 

The Challenge

Titan gave me a free $20 last week. I decided to see how far I can go with just that $20. I have decided not to worry about bankroll management at stakes I feel comfortable with. My risk of ruin is higher but it will also make the challenge faster.

I started with 20 and played a little .25/.50 limit hold'em and lost a few dollars. I moved to the NL side and played .05/.10 NL and got back what I lost. For a few days it was mostly those stakes but I saw a nice table at .25/.50 NL and decided to take a shot with my $23 bankroll. I managed to double up plus a little more and am now at $73.

I will stay at .25/.50 NL as long as I find good tables. Once I hit $200 I plan on hitting a $100NL table if the conditions are right. I'm not sure how far I want to go with it and how long but the Chris Ferguson 10k challenge sounds like a nice figure.

If you don't know, Chris Ferguson won $2 from a freeroll on Full Tilt last month. His challenge to himself was to turn it into $10,000 before the WSOP main event. As of last week he was at around $200.

Heart racing moment of this challenge so far: I was in the big blind with KJ. I clicked on the window to get focus. I accidently hit the ALL IN button. OOPS. One guy had raised to $4 preflop and had a caller too. He thought a while and finally folded. WOW I got lucky. That would have sucked. Back down to like $13 if I lost that.

------------------

I am now booked for Vegas. Staying at the Imperial Palace for 4 nights and Luxor for 2 (got 2 free nights yay). Event 17 on July 10th is when I will be playing. Hopefully I won't get RiverRun at my table!

------------------

For all of you who may be going to Vegas in July, check out Harrah's dining promotion:

http://www.dreamlinesavings.com/harrahs.asp

You can get up to $30 per person per day in credit for most of harrah's properties for free. Paris buffet here we come!

That's it for now. May the flop be with you!

I can't wait to meet some fellow PSO'ers down there. I think theres atleast 3 of us in that event.

Goodluck

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates