Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Back on track » | April Report » | Rebuy? » | 2k » | Back to the winning ways » | Rough few days » | Monday fun » | Bye Bye Limit » | Poker Fantasy VIP » | Tournament Victory! » 

Friday, May 05, 2006 

Off Track Again

I decided to try a 1/2 NL table and bought in with $200.

I have problems that I still need to overcome. Overplaying big pairs is becoming an issue for me. I have QQ. I raise to $7 and the BB calls. The flop comes T94 with 2 clubs. BB leads out $7. I raise to $22. He reraises to $37.

My read is that he is very loose and aggressive. A 48vpip/10pfr guy. Instead of waiting to put my money in on a better spot, what do I do? I push all in for $150. Why? I have no idea. I need to get a better bearing on how to handle this situation. I should know I'm in trouble and let the hand go but my conspiracy theory head thinks I'm just getting bluffed out of a pot. Well the guy has AA and no Q for me and I'm down. A lot. So I need to get my head straight and not commit my chips with just an overpair. One of these days I'll get it right.

I've won half of that back so far and will hopefully have the rest and more before the weekend is over. So I'm hovering around even for the month now overall.

That's it for now. May the flop be with you!

Scott I just did the same thing with QQ the other night. I vowed not to get stacked with an overpair again. especially when all the clues are there that were beat.

Keep focused!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates