Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | April Report » | Rebuy? » | 2k » | Back to the winning ways » | Rough few days » | Monday fun » | Bye Bye Limit » | Poker Fantasy VIP » | Tournament Victory! » | Nice start to April and a bad bubble » 

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 

Back on track

After a very rough Sunday and a poor start Monday for a $20 loss, Tuesday finally turned the tide. Most of my losses the last two days were at Poker Share, a new room offered by Poker Source Online. As soon as I saw them put it up, I signed up right away hoping to be one of the first to get an extra 5000 PSO points for the first 5 to sign up. They will announce the first 5 soon.

Anyway, I started with $200 and there is a 100% up to $300 signup bonus. Looking at the structure I could tell the points would take a while to get so I did less than the max. So I need 2000 Poker Share points to clear the bonus but only 500 points to clear PSO's requirements. I have 473 now I think so I will finish it up Wednesday night.

Tuesday brought the luck back to my side of the table and I finally managed to win with a set. Of course my set was a dog but still. 765 flop, I had 55. Guy bets $2.50, one caller, I raise to $10, original guy reraises all in for $40 or so. I gulped and called. He has 84 for the flopped straight. Lucky for me, I hit quads on the river and took the pot. Was it a bad call? I called 40 to win 60. 2 clubs on the board too so he could have had like A7s or something. Worked out for me at least.

One of the 1/2 6max tables was nuts. It was 4 PSOers and 2 maniacs. And oh my the maniacs were having a field day. Everything was hitting for them. Guy would 3 bet with 52o and hit a straight. 42s hit a flush. It was crazy. My stack flew all over the place. I was up 10 when I flop top set 975 with 2 spades. Guy has JcJs and runner runner spades come and he takes the pot.
I was then down a few and lost another big hand on the river. I finally got back up and left with +$10 on that table. Maniac guy was like +150 or so. Crazy.

I finished the day up about $170 and my -90 on PokerShare is now +50. Thank goodness.

Forgot to mention the last couple of weeks that our cable company gave us reward cards to see a free movie at the local theater each week. Today we went to see Sentinel with Michael Douglas, Keifer Sutherland, Eva Longoria and Kim Bassinger. It was an ok movie. Entertaining but lacked a little something toward the end. Worth a view on DVD or cable though.

Last week was Ice Age 2. It was good but not as good as the first.

The first week we saw Inside Man. That was an excellent movie. I highly recommend it. Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster and Clive Owen are awesome.

Anyway, I'm tired so may the flop be with you!

Scott,
Where is the post about Poker Share and the first 5 to sign up? I cant find it.

Tom.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates