Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Monday fun » | Bye Bye Limit » | Poker Fantasy VIP » | Tournament Victory! » | Nice start to April and a bad bubble » | March Report » | The lion roars...quietly » | Main site redesign » | March in like a lion » | 25k Blogger Freeroll at PSO! » 

Saturday, April 22, 2006 

Rough few days

The last few days have been rough. I've lost about $150 overall. A couple of rivers the other way and I would be up big.

One big hand I had KQ on a K94 flop. I bet the pot on the flop and the turn and guy with A9 spikes a 9 on the river. -30 or so.

Another hand I have 55 and the flop is 522. Checks around. turn is a 3. Straight and flush draw are out so I want people to fill up. I bet $1 into a $9 pot. Unfortunately the river is a 6. And yes...guy bets $13, I reraise to $50 expecting him to have a 4 for the straight. Nope. He flips over 66. So here I am -$50.

I took a few other beats like that plus some moronic semi bluffs that didn't pan out for me. I played with a bunch of guys from PSO one night and overplayed a couple. Then I had QQ. D-Onion raises to 4, I am in SB I reraise to 10. He calls. flop is T94 with 2 clubs. I bet the pot, $20. He calls. Turn brings the 4th club, a 6 I think. I check, he pushes his last $40. Now the pot is $60. Is he making a move because he knows I can't call? The only hands he can really call that flop bet with are AA/KK/TT/99 or the flush draw. I have to assume I'm beat right? Hands like that bug me. I hate laying down big pairs.

Another problem I am having when I'm losing is that I think everyone is making a play on me. So I keep calling these river bets and raises when I know I'm beat. I need to bop myself on the head for that.

That's about it for now. May the flop be with you.


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates