Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Rough few days » | Monday fun » | Bye Bye Limit » | Poker Fantasy VIP » | Tournament Victory! » | Nice start to April and a bad bubble » | March Report » | The lion roars...quietly » | Main site redesign » | March in like a lion » 

Sunday, April 23, 2006 

Back to the winning ways

Saturday was a very good day. Most of my play was on Poker Fantasy where I made about $230 for the day at $50NL. I played on WSEX for a short while and made about $12 there (-25 at 1/2 limit and made 37 at $100 NL).

A couple of guys on PF mentioned they were going to play a $5 tournament at UltimateBet so I decided to join them. Unfortunately they both busted out before the money. I got extremely lucky early. The poker gods made up for some of my bad beats.

I get KK and make a pot sized raise preflop. 3 callers. flop is 975. I bet, one calls, one raises. I reraise all in. Both call. One has 55, the other has 97. The behold the miracle river King and I just about triple up and become the early tournament leader. I stayed in the top 10 a while but then went card dead. I was about 47th in chips as we approached the money (top 100). I got KK and QQ and kept the stack around the average but then I couldn't get a playable hand for my life. If I got a half playable hand there was always a raise or two in front of me. So my stack dwindled to a point where I hated letting it get that low but where I usually push UTG with any 2, I got 32o and just hoped the BB would bring something good. I see A9s. Better than I had hoped except I had to call a raise. She only had 55, but the race went in her favor as there was no help for me. I finished 56th for $15. Not very exciting but not a bad return on investment I guess.

This puts my monthly total just shy of 2k. Shaping up to be my best month yet!

That's about it for now. Hopefully today will go just as well as yesterday :) May the flop be with you!.


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates