Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | 2k » | Back to the winning ways » | Rough few days » | Monday fun » | Bye Bye Limit » | Poker Fantasy VIP » | Tournament Victory! » | Nice start to April and a bad bubble » | March Report » | The lion roars...quietly » 

Saturday, April 29, 2006 

Rebuy?

The past few days I have made a couple hundred overall. I have been pretty much card dead other than a few very nice hands like flopping sets against big pairs.

I have been playing more tournaments as well, trying to hit a big score. I've started playing the $11 rebuy on Pokerstars but I still don't like rebuying or adding on. On Wednesday I got QQ early and double up against some guy going all in every hand. The very next hand I get JJ and he pushes again, so I call and he has A3. Ace on flop and i'm back to where I started. A few hands later I get JJ again and two other guys get all in. both have an ace, and of course ace on flop and I'm done. Now at this point I should probably rebuy as the table is nice and I can get those chips back. I just hate repeatedly spending $10 on the same tournament. If I make it past the rebuy period with a decent stack I will take the add on though. I guess I need more balls.

It doesn't happen often, but I think I have determined my least favorite sequence in poker. It is this:

Flop comes 973. I have 97. I make a pot size bet, one guy calls. Turn is a T. Again I make pot size bet, he calls. River is a T, most likely counterfeiting my two pair.

If he had a 9 with a better kicker, I'm done. If he had T8 or JT hoping for the straight, I'm done.

Do I check and hope he checks behind?
Do I bet and fold to a raise?
Do I check and call, hoping he is bluffing?

It was a $40 pot at that point and I checked. He bet $10. I folded. I'm still not sure what the best plan of attack is. I guess a small blocking bet is in order, but I felt like I was truly behind at this point. maybe I'll post this one on 2+2.

That's it for now. May the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates