Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | March Report » | The lion roars...quietly » | Main site redesign » | March in like a lion » | 25k Blogger Freeroll at PSO! » | WSOP Freeroll Qualifier Take 2...and 3...and 4 » | WSOP freeroll qualifier » | Win Free Coke » | Poker Source Online 25,000 members » | Weekend Stuff » 

Thursday, April 06, 2006 

Nice start to April and a bad bubble

I've been playing well on the NL tables and am up about $300 there so far. Add in a cash in a $30 multi table for a 2nd place $330 win and I've got a nice start to April.

The nice start was almost even nicer. I played a $24+2 tournament where the top 2 players one a buy in to a $1500 WSOP event and $500 cash. 200 players or so and top 11 make the money. I gathered a nice stack in the middle of the tournament and was about 10th in chips with 80 players left. I then went card dead. I barely got any playable hands and was even tighter than I normally was. I was 20 of 40. 25 of 30. Until I was truly the short stack with 20 left. Blinds were going up and I had about 10000 chips with 20 left. Blinds were 300/600. But still no playable hands. People kept raising before me or going all in. I couldn't even steal blinds. So 400/800 rolls around with antes and I have 6500 chips. Blinds are about to come and UTG+1 I have JTo. Seeing my dwindling stack I push and hope I can have it fold around. AQ calls me and all rags fall and I'm done in 16th place. Right move? I say yes but I keep having this nagging thought in my head that I should have waited for an ace or king. Oh well. I'll get it next time.

That's about it for now. I WILL win an entry to the WSOP this year. This I command. And may the flop be with you...always!

I think I wouldve waited for the blinds to come or even to go 1 more orbit before moving in.

Ive been moving in alot with mediocre hands when my M was getting low and have been getting killed...miss getting paid by a few spots. Need to adjust again.

Good Luck with your entry to the WSOP.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates