Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Treading Water in Feb » | Do I suck? » | Take a shot? » | New Sites launched » | The agony of defeat » | Rough start to February » | January Report » | Time Time Time » | Ice is slippery and PokerFantasy is my friend » | BLINGO » 

Monday, February 27, 2006 

Weekend Stuff

Friday night I signed up for some $1000 freerolls on Party Poker just to play a little. The payout structure sucks but it is fun to play a little. 3500 people in each, top 220 get paid but 220 gets like 70 cents and 9th place gets like $10 so you can see how crappy it is to play for 6 hours.

So in one of them there were about 500 or so people left and I had to get up early Saturday morning so I said screw it. I had 20000 chips and blinds were 800/1600 I think. I pushed with 87s got called by AK and I won. 40k chips. I just kept going to lose my chips. Next hand, 24o and I pushed and got called by AA. board came 4 diamonds and I had the 4 of diamonds and won the hand. Won a couple blinds and had like 100k chips. Next hand I had 24o again and I raised to 20k, huge stack pushes 120k chips and I call. He has AK, I hit the 2 and doubled up. He had 15k chips left. Next hand I get JJ and same guy calls with TT. I knocked him out and I have like 240k chips. Bedtime so I just let myself get blinded off. I checked my account in the morning and I have $7 in it! :) woohoo I'm rich. $7 was good for an 11th to 20th place finish. So I'm glad I didn't stay up however many more hours just to win $7. Fun fun

Saturday we went to the Travel Show in NYC and got lots of booklets and free goodies. We attended two lectures by Arthur Frommer which were cool. I also got to take the Jeopardy test again but I unfortunately did not pass again :(

Not a good weekend for poker playing. Didn't do well in any of the tournaments I played and didn't get to play any cash games. That's it for now!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates