Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Take a shot? » | New Sites launched » | The agony of defeat » | Rough start to February » | January Report » | Time Time Time » | Ice is slippery and PokerFantasy is my friend » | BLINGO » | PokerFantasy goodness » | Week 1 » 

Friday, February 17, 2006 

Do I suck?

I dropped another $200 at 3/6 last night after a couple of tries nearly breaking even. No love for me. I feel like 3 or 4 hands going the other way put me back in the driver's seat though. Hand like...

UTG limps, SB calls, I check with 89o.

Flop is A84. SB bets, I call, UTG calls.
Turn 9. SB bets, I raise, UTG reraises???? AARRGGGHHHH.
River is whatever, UTG has A4 for flopped higher 2 pair.

later on...

UTG calls, I call on button with QT, BB checks

Flop Q98. UTG bets, I raise, BB folds, UTG reraises...I call down and he shows KK.

I am really starting to doubt myself. Part of it is because all my big pairs keep getting wacked. My big aces seem to never hit a flop sigh. Small sample size right? I'll take another shot soon but I may go back to 1/2 and 2/4 for a few days. Oh well. I'll make the permanent jump soon enough. Until then...may the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates