Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | January Report » | Time Time Time » | Ice is slippery and PokerFantasy is my friend » | BLINGO » | PokerFantasy goodness » | Week 1 » | Happy New Year - 2005 in review - 2006 wishes » | Almost the new year » | Back home » | Team Poker » 

Friday, February 03, 2006 

Rough start to February

So I played maybe an hour yesterday. Started off on 2/4 and was doing ok. Won a hand with KK and got back into the black after being in the red a while. I slowly start draining again and down about $25 when

I get QQ in UTG+1. I raise (duh) and MP2, CO and UTGall call.

Flop is AQ4.

UTG checks, I bet, MP2 calls, CO folds, UTG folds.

Turn J.

I bet, MP2 raises, I reraise, MP2 calls.

River K.

I bet, MP2 calls.

MP2 shows AA for three of a kind aces.

I mean come on.

So I then jump over to $50 NL. My second hand I have JJ in the CO and 5 people have called so I raise to $4. Three people call and flop is 754. SB leads out $4 (but only has $6 left)...other two guys fold and I call. He has 86 for a flopped straight.

Three hands later I have AK in MP1 and I raise to $3. Again 3 callers. Flop KK3 with 2 clubs. Same guy who had 86 before now leads out $3...UTG+1 calls and I raise to $19...one fold...UTG+1 reraises me all in. I call. He flips over K3 for a flopped full house.

Just not my day.

Took a break and after dinner at my father in law's I played in the chiptalk.net tournament. Made a good showing there at least. Finished 6th out of 45 and cashed $29.60. So not bad but still doesn't make up for earlier in the day. Such is poker...may the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates