Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | I'd like to buy a clue please » | 2 Tourney cashes » | Yay I cashed! » | Getting ripped a new... » | One of these days » | Movin right along » | Yay its the weekend » | Up the ladder » | Feelin Good » | What to do What to do » 

Thursday, February 10, 2005 

Final table goodness

My first large tournament final table in NL yay! I played the $5 11:00PM tourney wednesday night. Luckily I took an hour nap beforehand because I was up until 2:45 or so. But I played well and had a nice 9th place finish out of 259 entrants. I played well early and was 4th in chips of 119 after the first break. Wasn't getting many good hands after that and overplayed a couple of them and was 35 of 43 at the second break. 27 people got paid. Until last night I had been playing not to lose and make it into the money. This time I decided to push whenever i had a slight edge so that I'd have a stack to build on if I made it into the money. The goal is to win of course. So I did well and never had a really big stack in comparison to the blinds, but my hands were holding up when I went in as a favorite. Very late night but very fun :)

Wednesday 2/9
Ring Games:
.5/1: -$19
1/2: -$10.75

Single Table Tournaments:
$11 NL: 3 tourneys, 2 3rd places: net +$7

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5.50 PLO: 6 of 19 : 3 paid
$1 7 stud hi/lo: 22 of 69 : 16 paid
$5.50 NL: 9 of 259 paid 27 Won $27.19 yay


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates