Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Feelin Good » | What to do What to do » | May the odds be with you » | Omaha - the game not the city » | Hi/Lo and all that razz » | Inaugural Post » 

Thursday, January 27, 2005 

Up the ladder

Wasn't feeling all that great all day so I didn't do too much. Played a little bit and I was very pleased. The $5 NL tournament had 1613 in it today. I started building a stack about an hour into the tourney when I got dealt KK. Guy next to me pushed all in, which he had done 2 or 3 other times in the last couple of orbits. I had enough chips to cover so I called. Of course he shows AA and I lose most of my stack. I got to double up a few orbits later when deuces held up against AQ. I made it to 270th place with a short stack and pushed in with AJ of hearts. I got called by J8 of clubs. Couldn't hope for much better than that. But boom right on the flop he had a straight and I was done. No queen falling to at least give me a split. That was my best finish yet and I'm very happy with the way I played. I also finished 20 of 81 in a $1 7 card stud hi/lo tourney and 11 of 30 in a Pot Limit Omaha tourney. So no money won but I came close in all three. I'm getting there.

Ring games:
.5/1: -25.64
1/2: +12.38

Single Table Tournaments:
$10/1: 5th place -$11

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5.50 PLO 11 of 30 - 4 paid
$5 NL - 270 of 1613 - 180 paid
$1 7stud hi/lo - 20 of 81 - 16 paid


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates