Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Yay I cashed! » | Getting ripped a new... » | One of these days » | Movin right along » | Yay its the weekend » | Up the ladder » | Feelin Good » | What to do What to do » | May the odds be with you » | Omaha - the game not the city » 

Sunday, February 06, 2005 

2 Tourney cashes

Another milestone today as I cashed in not one, but two tournaments today. Unfortunately one was not the $200 NL tourney I won an entrance into for a spot in a $10000 tourney. I started out well and managed to double up early with QQ against JJ. I played well the first hour and was 22nd of 88 at the first hour break with 6135 chips. Avg chip stack was 4329. I managed to screw myself with AK when the BB called with T6o and hit his 6. I lost 2000 chips in the process. The blinds were going up and I needed to do something. 200/400 blinds with 50 ante and I had 1600 chips left. I pushed with 77 and the same guy called with T7s this time. You guessed it, the T hit the river and I was just a memory. 35 of 127. I was playing the $5 tourney at the same time on party and did pretty well. I cashed again and finished 125 of 2000. Then I played in a $1 Omaha hi/lo tourney which by no means do I claim to be any good and I finished 4th of 88. So no trip to a big tournament for me, but 2 cashes in one day makes me happy. If I can keep it up maybe I'll get the big money one day.

Friday night I played live with a couple of my friends. One of these days I will figure out exactly what Moby does because he is very hard to read. I made one major mistake when I was too timid of losing. We were heads up and I was shortstacked. I had A6o and the flop came 992. Check-check. Turn was an Ace. He bet right into me and I should have just thought some more and realized that he was bluffing because if he hit the ace or had a 9 he would have checked again and waited til the river. I should have called or moved all in but instead I was worring if I was outkicked and I threw my hand away like a moron. I learned from that mistake in the online tournaments today and I outbluffed a couple of people betting into scare cards. Unfortunately I didn't do it Friday night and I lost. I'll get you next time!

Saturday
Ring Games:
.5/1: +$33.75
1/2: -$8.25

Single Table Tournaments:
$6 NL: 6th place
$11 NL: 2 6th place finishes

Multi Table Tournaments:
$6 NL: 345 of 1573: 180 paid
$6 NL: 125 of 2000: 220 paid - Won $9
$1 Omaha hi/lo: 4 of 88 - 9 paid - Won $9.37
$200 NL: 35 of 127

Friday
Ring Games:
1/2: -33


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates