Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | One of these days » | Movin right along » | Yay its the weekend » | Up the ladder » | Feelin Good » | What to do What to do » | May the odds be with you » | Omaha - the game not the city » | Hi/Lo and all that razz » | Inaugural Post » 

Thursday, February 03, 2005 

Getting ripped a new...

Victory at 2/4 continues to elude me. In the span of 40 hands I had 3 suckouts by a guy who was playing almost any two cards. I know in the long run I will make money off these people but it gets frustrating. This seems to be the norm as of late. Variance taking its toll I guess. I flopped 2 pair with T4 on a flop of T42. This guy called with J2s in middle position. Of course i bet he calls all the way down. the J falls on the river and I'm beat by higher two pair. Just frustrating.
I played a little .5/1 after that and the table broke up pretty quickly. But a couple of us stayed and I figured I'd get some short handed practice. I was heads up with this one guy for about 15 hands and I took like $7 off him. a couple more people joined and I played very aggressive and ended up up $25 after like 20 minutes. Not bad...helps recoup some of what I lost at 2/4.


Wednesday
Ring Games:
.5/1: +$22.50
1/2: +$28.75
2/4: -$65

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5.50 NL: 141 of 208- 28 paid

Tuesday
Ring Games:
1/2: +$12.25

Single Table Tournaments:
$11 NL: 2 Tourneys, 1 second place : +$8

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5.50 Limit Hold'em: 5 of 18: 4 paid
$5.50 Limit Hold'em: 7 of 18: 4 paid
$5.50 7 Card Stud: 61 of 75: 9 paid


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates