Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Motivators » | In The Money » | Tournament Pocket Overpair in multiway pot » | Sabina Gadecki » | Thank you PSO » | Tournaments » | What were they thinking? » | Slowly creeping back » | Off Track Again » | Back on track » 

Monday, May 22, 2006 

Chip and a chair

Second orbit around the table of a $30 tournament with 16 players.

10/20 blinds
UTG limps.
I raise to 70 and get 2 other callers and UTG calls.

4 to the flop
I have KJ.
Flop KJ3 rainbow

UTG checks. I bet 300 into a 300 pot.
Only UTG calls.

Turn 8.
UTG checks.
I push 900 into 900 pot.
He calls.
He has 33.

I have 115 chips left. UGH.

Folded to me in small blind, I push my last 115 with J9s. BB calls with K3.
Board comes 8874T and I double up.

A few hands later, I push my 200 chips and double up.
A few hands later, I push my 400 chips and triple up.

I now have my starting stack back with 1200 chips.

Dip down to 800 again but manage to more than triple up with AK after I push and get 2 callers.

Awesome comeback and I almost won the thing.

Got down to heads up and was down 12k to 6k in chips. he min raised, I called with QJ. Flop Q62. He pushed, I called. He showed 64 and hit the 4 on the turn to knock me out.

After being in last place with 115 chips left I managed to finish 2nd out of 16 for a $294 payday :) Yay!

nice one! where at?

Poker Fantasy

They have a $30+3 with $500 added every Sunday night. Usually 15-25 players.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates