Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Thank you PSO » | Tournaments » | What were they thinking? » | Slowly creeping back » | Off Track Again » | Back on track » | April Report » | Rebuy? » | 2k » | Back to the winning ways » 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 

Sabina Gadecki

Who you ask? Sabina Gadecki will be Courtney Friel's replacement on the World Poker Tour for Season 5. Not much is known about her other than she was Miss Polonia World 2002 and does modeling and acting in New York theater. She's still no Shana Hiatt, but hopefully she'll be better than Courtney Friel, which isn't asking for much. Maybe she plays poker in New York too?

I tried my hand at some Pot Limit Omaha last night and quickly realized I have no idea how I should bet. When I had top set and there was no straight or flush on the board, I pretty much just kept potting it and would put in a blocking bet on the river if the board went awry. Then I'd fold to the raise :( So I lost about $8 on each table. I need to read up more on when to put in half pot bets or full pot bets. I also need to figure out what I'm doing with hands like AAKx double suited. I raised the pot preflop got 2 callers. Board came TT6 with 2 spades of which I had none. I bet the pot on the flop hoping there were no tens and no draws but I got called so I gave it up when no ace came on the turn. Oh well, time to find a good book.

I played a $4.40 NL satellite on Full Tilt as well. Got heads up, had a 9k/4k lead all in with 66 against his 33. The board came 4 clubs and he took the lead with a flush. I then got all in with 66 against his QQ and the 6 came for my set giving me the lead again. But it was not to be as we kept going back and forth and the blinds went up, I had AT and raised preflop. He called. Flop was KT8. I bet the pot which pretty much pot committed me and he reraised all in with K9. No help, I had 500 chips left, JJ vs AK he hit the ace and I was done. Oh well again.

That's it for now. May the flop be with you!

Scott,

PLO, big swings, great game! Especially at the lower limits when some guys go all in with two pair. I've ordered Bob Ciaffone's book Omaha Poker The Action Game from his own website www.pokercoach.us, it seems to be down at the moment. According to 2+2ers its the standard buy, $20 including postage and he autographs it for you. I'll report back after it arrives to tell you if its any good.

Tom (Tomba)

Sabina Gadecki = crazy google hits right now!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates