Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | What were they thinking? » | Slowly creeping back » | Off Track Again » | Back on track » | April Report » | Rebuy? » | 2k » | Back to the winning ways » | Rough few days » | Monday fun » 

Saturday, May 13, 2006 

Tournaments

I received Tournament Poker for Advanced Players by Sklansky the other day. I used my Poker Stars Frequent Player Points to get it. I've heard there isn't much exciting in it but a few things are helpful. I'm only about 60 pages in and there isn't anything exciting to report yet.

Most of my play has been large tournaments the last couple of days and I'm either getting sucked out on or making stupid plays.

Today's suckout:
300 player freeroll on Poker Fantasy:
BB with 92o
Flop 932 rainbow
I bet flop 80 chips into 80 chip pot.
One caller, button raises to 160.
I reraise all in to 1100 or so, button calls with A3?????
Turn 3, river A.
Ugh.

Last night's stupid play:
$5.50 Rebuy and Addon Tourney on Pokerstars.
260 players left, down from 1400.
130 get paid.
600/1200 blinds, I have 27000 chips. SB has me covered.
Folded to SB who raises to 6000.
I have ATo.
What do I do? I go into "he could have a wide range of hands" mode and I push all in
He shows AQ and I'm done.
I had also just recently open raised twice, continuation bet and had to give it up on the turn after I got called both times. Tilt?

Lately I've been questioning myself a lot after the fact in tournaments. Hopefully TPFAP will help and rereading Harrington's books will as well.

Not a lot of cash game play lately, so I'm up about $300 or so for the month overall.

Tomorrow is PSO's 10k freeroll at Poker Rewards. Hopefully a nice cash there will make up for all my miserable play lately :)

Good luck and may the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates