Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Roller Coaster Ride » | Get out of the kiddy pool » | Weekend goodness » | Just when it seems so easy » | Back in Black » | Slow start » | November wrapup » | Brush your teeth people » | the weekend » | not enough time for poker » 

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 

Team Poker

Last night was the Chiptalk Tilters team's first game. The format consists of 5 single table tournaments each played by a different team member. Our team did pretty well. We had 1st, 2nd (me), 3rd, 8th and 10th place finishes. This is good for 4th place at the moment. We have 2 more nights of tournaments to move up. I almost had a 1st place finish. Long long battle heads up and the lead went back and forth a few times but it was not to be.

I now have about 1250 points at pokerfantasy so I'm half way to the PSP :) I've had a rough couple of days at the tables there and have lost 3 or 4 buyins going all in with the % favorite. AK lost to AQ who hit their Q, AK vs AJ who hit their J. Brutal.

I played some 2 and 3 handed 3/6 there as well to rack up some of those points. I was +60 then -90 then +50 and after an hour ended up ......EVEN. I left with exactly what I bought in with, so the guy I played must have lost a little due to rake :)

Tonight is the next team tourney but after that I will be away for a few days so I'm not sure how much I will get to play.

I am at around the $850 profit mark for December so I still have a bit to go to reach my goal. I need to try to find more time to play as the month comes to an end.

Have a great holiday and may the flop be with you.


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates