Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Get out of the kiddy pool » | Weekend goodness » | Just when it seems so easy » | Back in Black » | Slow start » | November wrapup » | Brush your teeth people » | the weekend » | not enough time for poker » | HORSE » 

Saturday, December 17, 2005 

Roller Coaster Ride

I was going to write Wednesday about how I sucked it up and decided I just needed to take a break for a day or two.

After my great start at 3/6 6max, I started my second try and was quickly up. Then I lost my mojo and preceded to lose $240 at this level in about 45 minutes. A couple of big hands were definitely tilt. Looking at the stats: I won 40% of the hands where I saw a flop. That's a nice winning percentage. However this also means I won lots of small pots and got hammered in the big ones. Two of them I definitely lost a few extra bets but I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

That same day I lost $75 at $25NL on PokerFantasy. I now have about 900 points there and I have had a few nice days since which I'll get back to. To make up a little bit of this loss, I played some 2/4 6max on Golden Palace and made $110 back which was nice.

Wednesday I didn't play much and ended up down about $20 overall.

Thursday was BACK IN BUSINESS DAY. I tried the 3/6 6max games again and played 2 tables where I made about $150. I also made $101.62 playing $25NL. To top it off I cleared the $100 bonus at party so that all made up for the Tuesday from hell and then some. I should also have cleared my $150 pokerfantasy bonus but I haven't received it yet.

Friday is BACK IN BUSINESS PART 2. I found a nice $5 tournament on pokerfantasy which had $200 added. Only 20 people were in so it was a nice overlay. Top 3 got paid and I won $150 :) yay. I'm about even on the tables so a nice couple of days.

I'm almost halfway to my goal. I have made about $785 so far this month not including the $150 I should get from pokerfantasy. I'm almost done with my $150 bonus from golden palace as well. After that I have bonuses waiting at Bet365 and Pokerroom. My goal should be within reach. We may be going to Boston next weekend so that may put a dent in my goal but we'll just have to see. Until then, may the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates