Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Hi/Lo and all that razz » | Inaugural Post » 

Saturday, January 22, 2005 

Omaha - the game not the city

I'm really starting to enjoy the game of Omaha. There are a lot more nuances than in Hold'em and in these tournaments it seems a lot of people don't understand them. I'm not an expert by any means yet, but I'm enjoying the game and hopefully I learn how to play better. Time to read up some more on it. I played a $1 tourney and finished 15th of 107. Not bad at all. 18 got paid. Unfortunately in a $1 tourney you only get $1.37 back for 15th place. Still I'm happy. I played a 7 stud tourney as well but was playing a bunch of tables at the same time so wasn't paying much attention.

I realized last night how much I am missing hockey. Oh how I would love to go to a Devils game right now. I was just thinking how much fun it is to be at the stadium sitting on the edge of your seat hoping for a goal. Come on NHL get your act together! And along with that fantasy hockey needs to fill a void too. The old EOTL league needs to be fired up so I can beat the likes of Ransom (there I mentioned you).



Key - NL = No Limit Hold'em, PLO = Pot Limit Omaha

Yesterday's Totals -
Ring Games:
.5/1 Limit Hold'em: +$17.13
1/2 Limit Hold'em: -$30.50
2/4 Limit Hold'em: -38

Multi Table Tournaments:
$1 PLO - Finished 15 of 107 - 18 paid - won $1.37
$5.50 7 card Stud- Finished 43 of 65- 8 paid


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates