Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Busy as a bee » | So tired » | I'm in the money » | Final table goodness » | I'd like to buy a clue please » | 2 Tourney cashes » | Yay I cashed! » | Getting ripped a new... » | One of these days » | Movin right along » 

Thursday, February 17, 2005 

I was coaching in Omaha in 1948...

Well for those of you who are hockey fans you will recognize the title of this post from the movie Slap Shot. Unfortunately this post also marks the cancelling of the NHL season. No hockey this year. THAT SUCKS. But from the title...I don't pretend to be an expert in Omaha but I've done incredibly well the last couple weeks in Omaha tournaments. Luck? Skill? Not sure exactly, but I'll keep playing the way I'm playing.

Tuesday was horrible for tournaments but I made up for it Wednesday. Tuesday afternoon I started the 2:45 tournament and was promptly done by 2:50. Finished 1635 of 1665. 4th hand of tournament I get AA. Blinds are 10/15 and I raise to 50. I get reraised to 85. 3rd guy calls. 4th guy goes all in. I go all in...other 2 go all in. So its AA vs KK vs TT vs 83. I have no clue what the 83 guy was thinking...maybe just trying to buy the pot. Flop comes KT5 and that was it for me.

Last night I got knocked out of the 11pm tourney with another fun hand. I'm in the big blind with 55. blinds are 50/100. one caller then guy raises to 250. we both call. Flop comes Q95. I check...check...original raiser bets 800 ( about the size of the pot). I raise him all in. the 3rd guy calls and I knew I was toast. He shows QQ, original raiser KK. Turn and River comes T and J. KK hits his straight and kills both our sets. Thems the breaks.


Wednesday 2/16/05
Ring Games:
1/2: +$2.50

Single Table Tournaments:
$5.50 NL: 2nd place won $13.50

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5 PLO: 3 of 28 - 4 paid won $25.20
$5 omaha hi/lo - 4 of 40 - 5 paid won $24.00
$5.50 NL: 28 of 47 6 paid
$5.50 NL: 122 of 268 27 paid

Tuesday 2/15/05
Multi Table Tournaments:
$5 NL 717 of 1217 140 paid
$5 NL 1635 of 1665 140 paid
$5.50 NL 46 of 153 18 paid
$5.50 stud hi/lo 23 of 30 4 paid
$1 7 stud 42 of 97


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates