Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home 

Thursday, January 20, 2005 

Inaugural Post

Welcome to the inauguration of my blog. I can't promise this will always be worth reading, but if nothing else the purpose of this journal is to keep me focused and let my friends and whoever else cares read about what I'm up to. If you don't know me or haven't talked to me in a while I started playing poker online a lot last year. I was laid off December 1 and have since been playing a lot. December was a lot of fun and I made over $1000 in about 3 weeks. The month of January has not been as good for me though. I am down only a little bit but I keep having good days and bad days and not getting anywhere.

I have done some freelance work for a company called Corner Edge and will hopefully have a couple more with the opportunity down the road to become a full time employee. In the meantime I get to follow my "pipe dream" of playing poker and maybe one day winning some major tournament and a whole lot of money.

I actually set up this blog a few days ago but had a couple of losing days. I decided to start this off on a good note.

Key - NL = No Limit Hold'em, PLO = Pot Limit Omaha

Yesterday's Totals -
Ring Games:
.5/1 Limit Hold'em: +$32.24
2/4 Limit Hold'em:
+$36

Single Table Tournaments (10 players):
$11 NL - 8 tournaments - 1st, 2nd, 2 3rds - Total : +$32

Multi Table Tournaments:
$5.50 NL - Finished 40 of 251 - 27 paid
$5.50 PLO - Finished 8 of 33 - 4 paid





  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates