Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Ahh Pacific... » | Another down day » | Treading water » | Weekend in Review » | Happy Anniversary » | quick synopsis » | Almost won another tourney » | August Recap » | Humpday » | Truly Crazy Game » 

Sunday, September 11, 2005 

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good:
I played pretty well in the Titan Poker new player freeroll Saturday night. I finished 12th out of about 280 and made $10.

The bad:
$10 barely makes up for my horrible day at the tables.

The ugly:
-$93 for the day

My day basically looks like this-
1/2: -148
1/2 6max: +45
Freeroll: +10

I keep getting pummelled by loose players hitting their longshots.
Highlights include this hand:

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Scottwire is UTG+2 with 8h, 8s.
2 folds, Scottwire calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Js, 8c, 7d (5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Scottwire bets, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.


Turn: (4 BB) Qh (3 players)
BB checks, Scottwire bets, Button raises, BB calls, Scottwire 3-bets, Button caps, BB calls, Scottwire calls.

River: (16 BB) Th (3 players)
BB bets, Scottwire calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Results in white below:
Button has Qd Kh (one pair, queens).
BB has 3h 9c (straight, queen high).
Scottwire has 8h 8s (three of a kind, eights).

Outcome: BB wins 19 BB.


I keep getting manhandled like this as of late. Outside of a couple of good tables, this has been what its like for me the last few days. Hopefully it is just variance. I don't feel like I'm making a ton of mistakes. Just all their draws hitting and none of mine coming through. Guess we'll see as we go.

Sportsbetting was a disaster too.
went 0-3 today
-4.42 overall 29-31

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :)
May the flop be with you.

I was getting bad beat after bad beat on Titan playing limit on the $1/$2. So now I've switched over to their SNG's and tourneys. I've won 2 out of 3 single table SNG's and finished ITM (final table) in a 100-man tournament today. You can't do much about the fish in Limit but in NL you can push em around a lot better.

I'm actually starting to get my bankroll back up at Titan. If I stay lucky I might manage to clear all of the 100% match bonus. That sure takes a while to grind that out.

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates