Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | The Good, the Bad and the Ugly » | Ahh Pacific... » | Another down day » | Treading water » | Weekend in Review » | Happy Anniversary » | quick synopsis » | Almost won another tourney » | August Recap » | Humpday » 

Monday, September 12, 2005 

Maniacs are owning me

Granted some of my loss is just playing too aggressively and paying the price at times, but I swear that I just keep getting destroyed by turns and rivers killing my hands.

-140 yesterday :(

Since august 1:

Click to expand

Since March 1:

Click to expand

So hopefully this "blip on the radar screen" will be part of the past and I can continue along on my winning ways.

We are going on vacation in a couple of days so hopefully that will give me a nice needed break.

Hands from yesterday:

1)
KTs raise in CO
BB who is a maniac calls
Flop KK5 with 2 spades. we cap the flop
Turn is another spade. Of course i keep raising him cause he is a maniac.
He happens to have a flush already :(

2)
I finally get KK
I 3 bet good player who raised UTG he calls
Flop JTT
Yes you guessed it, he flopped quad Tens

3)
33 on button and I limp in with 2 limpers behind me.
Flop (board: Ad 3d Ts) checked to me, i bet, first guy check raises other guy calls
Turn 7h we cap
River 9d sigh

i have a third best hand. one guy has TT, other guy hits flush on river



I am just getting punished with all my decent hands.

I'm not sure if I'll play today. Probably later on tonight. I'm reading lots of forum posts and trying to see what I can improve.

Sportsbetting:
2-2 yesterday on NFL.
I have a bet on the Eagles tonight.

that's it for now.
May the flop be with you!

Let me guess - you got these hands on Titan Poker right?! The same thing was happening to me. If I got a set then I was drawn out on to a straight or flush each time.

If I got a full house, the other guy would have a larger full boat. It was insane!!! They must deal hands that they figure will build the biggest rake.

Don't fret. You just gotta stay aggressive. It's not going to often that this will keep happening. Eventually you will get back to your winning ways. This is just a temporary set back!!!

Sorry about your Eagles bet last night. I was counting on Terrel Owens to bail out my Fantasy Football team last night and he came up a bit short despite all his receiving yards. No TD for T.O. :(

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates