Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Another down day » | Treading water » | Weekend in Review » | Happy Anniversary » | quick synopsis » | Almost won another tourney » | August Recap » | Humpday » | Truly Crazy Game » | Swingy Sunday » 

Friday, September 09, 2005 

Ahh Pacific...

Yesterday I was getting frustrated with my up and down play the last few days. I continue to lose at Titan Poker for some reason and even at the sites I normally win at. I know it is just variance and that I keep getting drawn out on but it is still hard for me to not tilt once in a while. I still feel like "this is my pot and I'm not giving it up" sometimes. This is yet another thing I must work on.

But then it happened. The table where it all comes back. I decided to play at Pacific for the first time in a couple months. Pacific Poker is filled with bad players but you can only play one table max. So I fired up a 2/4 table right before the Chiptalk.net tourney and away I went. 2 of my first 5 hands were nice big pots. I won a $20 pot on my first hand with A6o in the CO where I posted. The button had raised preflop but 5 people in the pot and it checked around all 3 streets and I won with a pair of 6s I hit on the turn. Then I hit the motherload with a straight and an $80 pot. A few hands later I won with AQ against a maniac playing 66. After all was said and done I left the table up $195. That was awesome.

It didn't help my chiptalk tourney play though. I was doing well and getting great cards. I had JJ twice, KK twice and AKs all in the first 20 hands or so. I was doing fine after the first break until I got 99. I called a min raise and was half paying attention because I was watching the Raiders/Pats game as well. Flop was 872. Guy led out and I raised big. He reraised all in. I had half my stack in the pot and was now getting 4:1 to call. If I had thought about the minraise from early position from this guy for another second I probably would have layed it down. But I made a bad call and he showed KK. Oh well. I finished 23rd.

I played a couple more tables of 1/2 at UltimateBet and Pokerstars and it was back to the runner runner flushes and 2 pairs on the river against me. Such is poker. Still came out ahead about $120 for the day so all was well.

Sports:
2-3 yesterday.
Rockies should have won that game. Raiders should have played better. Oh well. I am now +0.60 overall. Isn't that exciting! I can retire soon! I guess I need to find my own system.

That's it for now. May the flop be with you!

Sorry my Rockies let you down. I also exited early on from the ChipTalk tourney. I had won a few hands early on then got caught up in a hand that I shouldn't have and was essentially pot committed. I was drawing dead. Ah well.

After Chiptalk I worked on my Titan poker PSO promo and actually did well. I started out winning and got ahead early but the tables ran dry after a while and I ended up just up $9 after a while.

Nice win on Paradise. I love it when a good night comes along. Gives you a good confidence boost.

Don't give up on Titan yet. I'm hanging out on the 1/2 tables - my Titan name is: collectchips

See you at the tables!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates