Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | August Recap » | Humpday » | Truly Crazy Game » | Swingy Sunday » | Moving right along... » | Thursday Bloody Thursday » | Are you ready for some football! » | The comeback kid » | More work less play » | Limit vs NL Holdem » 

Friday, September 02, 2005 

Almost won another tourney

I played in the Chiptalk.net tournament last night. I played very well and was able to build a huge stack in the middle of the tournament. There were 49 people and with about 25 left I had the chip lead and at one point more than twice as many chips as the number two guy.

Top 9 got paid and once i made it to the final table I was 3rd in chips. I won a couple of hands and was back on top with about 6 left. This other guy then went on a tear. He knocked out a medium sized stack with QQ against TT and then knocked out 2 short stacks in one hand. The guy had 42k chips while I had 13k in second place. Other two had 10 and 7k. I won a small pot getting up to 20k and then big stack guy knocked out the other two.

Now we were heads up. 52k to 20k chips or so. I got knocked down to 11k chips and then won a small pot and then I got AA and limped in. I slowplayed it into doubling my stack and we were even in chips. Next hand though I had J8 and he ended up having QQ on a 862 flop. He bet I reraised all in and that was it for me. So I finished 2nd and won $98. Not bad at all :)

The rest of the day was the usual roller coaster ride. PSO has a special code for the first 100 people to sign up for certain poker rooms to get a 300 piece nevada jacks chipset. So I signed up for Titan Poker right away. I began playing a couple of 1/2 6max tables and couldn't hit anything for the life of me and was down $70 right off the bat. I was not a happy camper.

I went to my father in laws for dinner and ended up taking a nice nap that did wonders for my head before a good burger off the grill. I came back and played the chiptalk tourney and played 2 1/2 6max tables at the same time. On one table I was -30. The other table I was about +104. So that made up for the crappy loss earlier. So a nice start to the month. Basically the tourney win is my profit so far. There was also a Party reload and a Pokerstars reload so I am working those off now.

Sportsbetting -
Thursday I was 1-1 with my 2 picks.
Overall - 8-7

That's about all...may the flop be with you!

My money finally came through to Neteller for the PSO Desert Sands promo on Titan. I hope to deposit and get cranking on that promo asap. Luckily I signed up before PSO upped the required Titan stars requirement. See you on the 1/2 tables soon. Also should be back for more ChipTalk.net tourney action on September 8th!!!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates