Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Moving right along... » | Thursday Bloody Thursday » | Are you ready for some football! » | The comeback kid » | More work less play » | Limit vs NL Holdem » | Roller Coaster Ride of a week » | I just found all the good hands » | Where have all the good hands gone? » | A one and a two... » 

Monday, August 29, 2005 

Swingy Sunday

Once again I started the day extremely down. I couldn't find a good full table so I decided to play a juicy 1/2 6max game on Bodog to help finish my PSO promotion. There were 2 guys at the table who played almost every hand and called down with everything. I was just getting owned at first. They were even checkraising me on the river! Ugh. Hands like trip 8s fall victim to runner runner straight. Trip Qs fall victim to a 7 hitting the river and guy has 77 to make his full house. It was unreal the beats I was taking. I was down $65 in the first hour. But the game conditions were good. I decided to ride the swing and plug away. 2 hours later I finally hit even and at one point I was +25. They pounded me again though and i ended -18. Oh well. What can you do? I'll take -18 over -65 any day though. 6 max is a nutty game. Too bad PokerTracker doesn't work with Bodog. I would love to see my stats.

I was playing a $7 tourney on Bodog while playing the 1/2 6 max table and did pretty well. 392 entrants and top 36 got paid. I made it to 18th which just snuck into the $30 pay out level. I was in the BB with ATo and it was folded to SB who just called. I pushed all in only to get called by AK. And thus ended my day.

The PSO freeroll at Absolute was last night and I managed to finish 52 of 192. 46 was in the money. I probably could have coasted into the money but I only had 5BB left and found KK on the button. I pushed all in and BB called with A7o. Turn Ace, River Ace and I'm done. ARGH. I hate that. Pocket Kings are ace magnets.

Jumped back on a 1/2 6 max table at bodog again and won $30 and won another $40 on Gaming Club. So overall about $100 day and all was well. Today will be bonus clearing day at a few sites. I have a lot of work I should get done though on some websites so I'm not sure how much I really will play. That's about it...may the flop be with you!


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates