Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | Where have all the good hands gone? » | A one and a two... » | I'm full (food) » | S A T U R D A Y Night » | Much better... » | Bang my head Part 2 » | Bang my head against the wall » | The week that was and wasn't » | July Recap » | 3 weeks in a row in the money » 

Friday, August 19, 2005 

I just found all the good hands

Another super duper night. 2 incredible nights in a week.

The stats:
1/2: +$91.50 in 207 hands
1/2 kill: +53.75 in 89 hands

AA: 6 times - Won all 6: +$81 net

I'd be up even more but I had a couple big hands get drawn out on. Flopped trip Ks and lost to flush and lost trip Js to a straight.

Another small blip on the radar in terms of hands played and statistical analysis but big wins always feel great. At least it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Especially after nights when you don't feel like you've made a lot of bad decisions but still get pummelled.

On the other hand, I played in the Chiptalk.net tourney tonight and was doing well until I had TT and ran into KK. It was a stupid play on my part as I called a raise preflop and when the flop came 8 high he bet and I raised. He then reraised all in...and stupid me called after thinking about it for a minute. I thought maybe he was making a play at me cause I bluffed him a few hands before but I should have known he had AA or KK. I normally would have thrown it away if I thought about it some more but I was playing 4 tables of 1/2 along with the tourney which didn't help my concentration. Oh well...I'll do better next week :)

I think I found another folding poker table to buy since I have no skills to build one myself. Hopefully I'll have it in time for the next tourney in a month. Can't wait.

Can't wait for fantasy hockey and football either. Almost time to rock.

I was watching the ESPN WSOP circuit event the other night and the guy's shirt in one segment said "May the flop be with you". As a Star Wars fan I can't help but loving that line. Maybe I will start ending my posts with that and you can all think I'm a geek or dork or whatever.

Til next time...


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates