Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | The new aggressive me - results so far » | Aggression is key » | swingy day » | Ok back into the bread and butter » | Motivation » | hi riverrun » | poker haiku » | Downswing fun » | November Report » | The ups and downs » 

Sunday, August 10, 2008 

Why am I stupid?

I have an overpair or top pair top kicker.

I get check raised.

I somehow call the guy down or reshove.

Every fucking time the guy has flopped a set.

I did this not once, not twice, but three times this morning.

In other news, I lost $30 with QQ against a donk who called my $8 3 bet with K3 and flopped a king. He was a nut and just shoved the flop after calling out of position. It was a pot sized bet so I called and byebye money.

Last night I lost a buy in when I had JJ on 873 flop with 2 callers. I bet $5 into $7 pot, one caller. turn is a 5, I bet $12, donk calls. River is a king. Pot is like $36, he has $24 left. I check figuring I'll only get called by a better hand so I might as well let the guy bluff. He shoves, I call...he shows me AKo :(

I'm now up $10 for the month in cash games after losing $230 the last two days. I keep making stupid mistakes. ARGH

Didn;t know you were posting again...I have some catching up to do.

updates please!!

Post a Comment

  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates