Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | S A T U R D A Y Night » | Much better... » | Bang my head Part 2 » | Bang my head against the wall » | The week that was and wasn't » | July Recap » | 3 weeks in a row in the money » | 3 days going the wrong way » | Almost defended my title » | Coolest Keyboard Ever » 

Monday, August 15, 2005 

I'm full (food)

Yes too much food. Too much good yummy incredible food. Too much good yummy dessert. My friend Mike (we'll call him Gu from now on) had his 3rd child recently and we went to the Christening and reception yesterday. His kids are so cute and really great. It's a shame they aren't all like that or we might think about having some ourselves :). Now Mike's wife is great. And as a side benefit, her father happens to own a bakery. So when Mike and Danielle have events, dessert in itself is an event. Cakes, canollis, cookies....yum... so good.

So I played in the PSO freeroll last night and got pummelled early. I had A3 in the BB and flop came AT3. I led out and guy raises...i thought for a second and reraised all in about 800 chips (we all started with 1500 and if i lost this I'd have 600 chips left). Ok he calls. He shows AQ. The flop was a rainbow flop. Now of course a club falls on the turn giving him a flush draw...and of course...he hits the runner runner flush...sigh.

Next hand, I have A9 on the button. flop comes 944 with 2 hearts. First person checks, second bets small so I figured he had the flush draw. I raise then suddenly first person wakes up and reraises. other guy called and I had to drop it. I was right she showed K4 but I was now down to 440 chips.

Next hand - I'm in middle position I make a standard 3xBB raise with KJ. BB (flush draw guy from before) reraises me putting me all in if I call. I've seen this guy raise with stuff like Q9 and I need chips so I call. He has KT. Can't get much better for me. Except he hits the T on the flop and I'm done. sigh

The 1/2 tables weren't much better. I 2 tabled twice Sunday. Each time, 1 table I did great on and the other table I couldn't win for crap. First I was +35 and -30. Then I was +25 and -35. So I ended up -5 for the day. One make or break hand was a $52 pot I lost when I hit my set with 44 but JJ happened to hit his. the 3rd guy in had AA and didn't seem happy either. But such is poker.

Til tomorrow...


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates