Scottwire.com | Contact

Instant Bankroll - Start playing poker for free!

« Home | The week that was and wasn't » | July Recap » | 3 weeks in a row in the money » | 3 days going the wrong way » | Almost defended my title » | Coolest Keyboard Ever » | Up up up ....bleah » | Victory! » | Yay a Post! » | The tide is turning » 

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 

Bang my head against the wall



This is how I felt last night. I was playing in a $2 rebuy tournament (rebought once and then added on after level 4) so it cost me $6 total. I was playing decently and got really lucky a few times. 3 people left I managed to get all my chips in the middle with A9 against 55 and pulled an ace on the turn. That guy got knocked out the next hand and suddenly it was heads up. The guy had a 2:1 chip lead on me and i went all in with 99. He called with QQ. Somehow the flop came 875. Boom 6 on the turn for the straight and I now have the chip lead. I managed to gain a 3:1 chip lead 3 times...yes 3 TIMES and I couldn't put it away. He gained the lead back a couple times. He went all in with a straight draw and I called with 2 overcards. Board was like T95 and he had 87, I had AJ. Of course he hits the 6 and doubles up. After that I got screwed when I had middle pair on J73 flop. I had 97. He called down each street and showed T7 to beat my kicker. he then took a small lead after that hand and I never regained my bearing. We were probably heads up for like 40 minutes when I finally went all in on a straight draw that never materialized. Oh well. The prize was a $100 tournament entry sigh. I'll try again tonight hopefully.


  • NL = No Limit Holdem
  • PLO = Pot Limit Omaha
  • CP = Crazy Pineapple
  • TD = Triple Draw
  • UTG = Under the Gun (first to act)
  • MP = Middle Position
  • LP = Late Position
  • CO = CutOff (one before the button)

About me

  • I'm Scottwire
  • From NJ
  • Hi there. I started this blog mainly to keep track of how I'm doing playing poker as well as to vent, share my thoughts and feelings, and allow friends and family to follow along. Thanks to everyone following along whether I know you or not. About me - I am currently a web developer who is trying to become a successful Entrepreneur with my wife. We love to travel and are trying to become successful enough to do that as we please :) That's us in a nutshell.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates